Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question on digital filter for ADC by using software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherifmarzouk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
how can i design a digital filter for ADC to remove noise in avr by using software c programming
and thanks

The question itself is rather vague as it does not detail the nature of the noise, the application, nor the filtering requirements. Anyway, responding specifically to your question in this context, the most that can be done here is to recommend you evaluate some of the various online tools for calculating and generating the source code for the filtering:

Hi,

First you need to know what "noise" means in your case.
Then you need to decide your filter characteristic.
--> show us these/your filter requirements.

After that you may decide filter topology.
There are different topologies:
A simple internet research may have showed you them. Like FIR, IIR, Biquad.... and others.

--> So may I ask what you have done so far?

Btw: It's better to avoid this noise, than to cure it.
I recommend to show us
* what your signal source is
* your analog signal conditioning circuit
* your ADC with all the informations like: power supply, refence voltage, sampling rate and so on
* informations about the "noise" you talk of

Klaus

I normaly using Kalman filter. You can find sources even on this forum. Posted some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.