+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 1

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Xilinx iMPACT 14.7 with Altium JTAG Programmer

Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with the Altium's DT05 (JTAG Programmer) for about a week. I have managed to connect and program Spartan-6 series FPGAs and also XCF series FLASH memories, through Altium Designer's Devices interface.

Unfortunately, the company that I am working for has only one floating Altium license and due to this, we would like to be able to use that JTAG programmer with other programming applications. I have tried interfacing the cable with Xilinx iMPACT, however it didn't work. What I tried was auto-connecting the cable, it simply didn't see the cable at all (regardless of presence/absence of devices on JTAG chain).

My question is, is there a way to make this JTAG programmer work without Altium Designer? Mainly, this device will be used to program Xilinx chips (FPGAs and memories), so I'd expect answers primariliy focused on these devices.

•   Alt13th September 2017, 12:26

advertising

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1524 / 1524
    Level

Re: Xilinx iMPACT 14.7 with Altium JTAG Programmer

Well Xilinx's JTAG programmer uses a driver, unless Altium Designer communicates with Xilinx's JTAG programmer through the Xilinx driver I suspect you won't get this to work.

--[[ ]]--