Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual band dipole antenna (13.5 MHz and 866 MHz) in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

guga2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone
quite new in this field so please have some patience with me :)

i have to design a dual band dipole antenna resonating at 13.5 MHz and 866 MHz with port impedance 13-13.5 (real) and 120-130(imaginary) parts with dimensions not greater than 40 by 40 mm2

i have designed some antennas in CST so familiar with the software.My big dilemma is how do i start this?Am i just choosing a random shape and work on it?or there is other way of planning it before implementing in CST?

your help is much appreciated

As for the 13.5 MHz antenna, it's simply impossible. A antenna with the given size, either loop or dipole, will have a radiation resistance in the low milliohm range.

Are you actually designing a 13.5 MHz antenna? Or an inductive near-field coupler?

Reactions: guga2

guga2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
it is a RFID tag

For 13.56 MHz, an inductive coupler (e.g. a printed coil with 5 or 10 windings) is the only reasonable way to implement the tag "antenna". For 886 MHz, a shortened dipole is feasible.

Reactions: guga2

guga2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back