Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem With EG8010 (Pure sine inverters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em_13

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problem With EG8010( Pure sine inverter)

I have built a pure sine inverter using EG8010,Everything is OK but sometimes(usually after connect and disconnect load for several times )despite of "Always on indicator LED" The output PWM go off!
Please help me find out the reason.

Re: Problem With EG8010( Pure sine inverter)

Possibilities:

* Is your load a type that generates current spikes when you disconnect it?

* Is your load a type that draws extreme current surges when you hook it up?

* Does your system require a minimum load so it can operate? Do you always keep a minimum load attached?

Reactions: Em_13

Em_13

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,
Yes,It is a 15W Incandescent light bulb,generates small spikes.
No,As I Said It's only 15W.
It's >15A analog power supply. Without load it's 12.8V,Under load:about 12V
Datasheet confess that sometimes need to hard reset after auto disabling SPWM after Current,voltage or temp protection operation, But I connect Ifb and Tfb to GND that disable current and temperature protection and it didn't sole my problem.

I have another problem,IR2110 sometimes blown to.
Can I use this circuit on LC filter to protect my IR2110?

G6Gsb.png

Hi,
Yes,It is a 15W Incandescent light bulb,generates small spikes.
No,As I Said It's only 15W.
It's >15A analog power supply. Without load it's 12.8V,Under load:about 12V
Datasheet confess that sometimes need to hard reset after auto disabling SPWM after Current,voltage or temp protection operation, But I connect Ifb and Tfb to GND that disable current and temperature protection and it didn't sole my problem.

Your bulb current is 15W/12V=1.25 amps hot and perhaps 10 Amps cold and meanwhile your driver is rated for 2A. Can you see the problem now?

Em_13

Your bulb current is 15W/12V=1.25 amps hot and perhaps 10 Amps cold and meanwhile your driver is rated for 2A. Can you see the problem now?

What do you mean 2A?I have a H-bridge include 4 IRF840 driving with 2 IR2110.
15W bulb is 220V I connect to H-bridge output.
some TVS diodes solved my problem.4 between S-D of all mosfets and one between input 325VDC(after shunt res)
Also sometimes 8010 hangs up during frequently connect and disconnect load ,An EMI filter solved this problem to.Thank anyway.

Hi,Please leave a list of common N-channel >500V mosfet or IGBT,suitable for >1000 watt(About 50A for each mosfet or IGBT) and work with 24khz freq.

Can you not search Digikey with filters for FETs?

Keep in mind your 15W bulb is 150W and your driver losses need to be <2% of load so the driver current rating tends to be ~10x actual avearge load.

Em_13

Status
Not open for further replies.