Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LIN bus communication using Slave UJA1023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uditi08

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I want to know if the LIN Slave UJA1023 (NXP) can be used as a master as well?
I want to make a switch for a two wheeler using LIN based communication. I want this controller to keep reading the switch data like a master and send any pre defined data (so that I don't have to use the controller) when the switch is pressed and turn the LEDs on

Thankyou

Hello,

Unfortunately NOT !... uJA1023 is slave only and can't be used as a LIN master.

If you are still looking for a LIN Master solution, have a look at the Freescale (NXP) S12Z.. family.
Full featured 16bit MCUs for LIN/CAN applications including LIN-Phy, voltage regulator, internal oscillator, autobaud feature, etc...
+ various High voltage Analog function (for 12v/24v apps, (max 40V)) depending on family members.
Very reliable (Automotive grade / -40/+125 degC, / Flash, eeprom and SRAM with ECC ! / high ESD protection / and so on...)
Fairly cheap, and easy to find (Mouser, Digikey, ...)
They have new dev boards, much cheaper (~30$) than previous ones !...
including decent applications notes and code examples.

Freescale (NXP) is also offering a free certified LIN stack (LIN1.3, 2.0, 2.1)
and free dev tool (CodeWarrior) for code size up to 64K.

Only drawback, the NXP's WEB site is totally messed-up !...
It takes hours to find relevant infos among the many, many broken links,
broken services and inconsistent naming !... Just unacceptable for such a company !...

DidR.

Reactions: Uditi

Uditi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you

Also, I am now using UJA1023 as slave only for switch application and master as UJA1069 (Master LIN Controller) connected to NXp S12ZVC family controller. But since UJA1023 is non programmable, do you have any idea how to control the incoming and outgoing messages.
There is no relevant info in the app note as well

Status
Not open for further replies.