Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC616 installation on CentOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhanwaaa

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I have somehow managed to install IC6.16 base and update using Installscape.I did it by logging as a root user. But now ,I have no idea how to launch virtuso
.I navigated to folder dfII/bin/64Bit/ and tried launching it with virtuoso & but "command not found " was shown.I think ,I am not able to configure environment file .Need some guidance regarding this.Kindly help me.Is there any simple way for me to get started ?

Environment variables must be defined before launching Cadence Virtuoso ADE.It wouldn't run simply by typing "virtuoso"
There are many example .bash or .csh configuration file on the internet.Refer to help too

Can you be little specific ?
If I am a root user and installed IC616 in default location provided by iscape.
Which file do I have to edit
.bshrc or .cshrc or both ?

Can you be little specific ?
If I am a root user and installed IC616 in default location provided by iscape.
Which file do I have to edit
.bshrc or .cshrc or both ?

You should edit which one you use..
In additional to, CentOS 7 is not supported by Cadence, you will live too many troubles..

I have come across some blogs where people have managed to run this tool on CentOS /Ubuntu although officially not supported by Cadence. So I seek help in editing .bashrc file which is not clearly explained on blog and I am finding it difficult to follow it using Cadence Documentation "dfII_config.pdf".I want a simpler explanation for executing this step..

Dear,

I know a little bit in dealing with Candence-CentOS (I manage the serve of my Lab). As Mr. Bigboss said, CentOS7 is not good for Cadence. The Centos6 is okay.

After installing the CentOS:
1. Update your license
2. You can change the .bshrc or .cshrc as you want (I used .cshrc). In order to make it easy, you can modify the this .cshrc from a template (you can require from someone).
3. Source the .cshrc file so that you a now 'link' to Cadence
4. Open Cadence IC6 with "virtuoso &"

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back