Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to select the parameters of the cross coupled charge pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertfordshiremml

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning how to design a charge pump and have read a lot of papers. Only theories are discussed in these papers. No one talks about how to set the parameters: W and L of transistors, f, capacitors and so on. Does anybody have some materials about this kind of information?

Regards,

Same here, I have not seen an explicit formulas, I believe it's because I did not dive deep in the subject. Try to look at this book, Charge Pump IC Design by Feng Pan, it may help. Also, you may drive them it should be straightforward.

These parameters depend on your voltage level. For example, if you are using close to 1V, W/L has no big difference, You may try use minimum one. f and capacitor values need to be chosen to ensure charge transfer and minimum/acceptable capacitor level.

I just posted an inquiry regarding CCCP with some parameter values, you may use the same parameters and do some parametric sweep to understand their effect. check the post here: https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=371241&p=1589591#post1589591

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.