Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor design With the Stacked EI Laminated iron core at 20khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjtpower

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone explain me the PFC Boost inductor design with Stacked EI Laminated core for PFC..??

I am doing a Re-engineering of boost converter having Switching frequency 20KHZ

Input voltage:130-270VAC
Output Voltage: 390V DC

Output Power:1200W
Efficiency:90%

Regards
Marx

Boost inductor should store energy, better to select Ferite core, Powder core or Amorphous cut c core.
Silicon laminations are not recomanded for high frequency

Yes.. I understood.

But we have to do it copy..

Now the question is that will it work at high frequency..??

The core loss of a steel lamination, even the better steel grades, will be immense, unless you operate at very low flux densities, which negates its advantages.

As others have mentioned, gapped ferrites or iron powder cores are your best choice.
Amorphous cores do work but they are expensive.

Lets say, EI cores can be used under circumstances. Design methods are basically the same as for ferrite cores. Need to know the core H/B curve and core loss versus frequency and flux delta. If respective data isn't available for the intended core material, derive it in own measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.