Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Calibre nmDRC vs DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenD

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am trying to install the latest version of Mentor's Calibre into a new workstation with Cadence. And I found that when I click calibre menu, it shows "run nmDRC" instead of "run DRC" same for "run nmLVS" instead of "LVS"

Can anyone tell me what's the difference? Should I download a previous version or just use nmDRC?

Thanks
Allen

Hi Allen-

nmDRC/nmLVS can run all the old Calibre DRC/Calibre LVS files. The nm products can handle larger design sizes and TVF commands, which the older products didn't. There are also some features for better scalability, but you'd only be using those for batch runs.

Best-

Sam.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the reply! Can I please ask a follow-up question? Do they use different licenses?
I setup the license just like the old workstation(point the license server address) but calibre informed me that the product can not be licensed sufficiently. The license server was setup by someone else a while ago and I just wonder if Calibre nm product demand different license than old Calibre?

Much obliged
Allen

Hi Allen-

You don't mention specific versions, but chances are good that the license manager software (FlexLM) got updated. Calibre versions that announced a license server upgrade were 8.8_1 (August 2000) and v2010.1. There may have been others.

Best-

Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back