Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: IR Reciever Problem after some days

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Imran Ali

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi experts
I'm facing a problem , working on a dimmer circuit with IR remote .
Microcontroller atmega328P
Arduino ide for programming. Two interrupts for zero cross detection on ext int and IR receiver on PCINT.
Remote control is Nec bsed . My circuit works ok for some days and after than IR diode TSOP1838 starts not recognizing remote control keys some times and if i change IR diode it again works for some days and than same ?
Ir is interfaced with Resister , cap circuit as shown in its data sheet , Help me please to solve problem

Re: IR Reciever Problem after some days

Are you looking at the data sheet for the exact LED or a generic IR type?
The ones for remote control applications are generally rated for higher pulse current than ones for security lighting or other uses. Also, are you using a commercial remote control or a home made one, if the latter, make sure the LED idle state is off and it only ever sees short 'on' periods.

Brian.

Hi,

I assume you replace the receiver diode...

Show the complete schematic and PCB layout.

Klaus

My circuit works ok for some days and after than IR diode TSOP1838 starts not recognizing remote control keys some times and if i change IR diode it again works for some days and than same ?
A trivial question, but it has to be asked: Are you using new batteries at the remote control ? Another point: Are you sure you have replaced the IR device by another one with the same specifications of the original ?

Status
Not open for further replies.