Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HFSS Datasets for Frequency Dependent Boundary ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

axperfectx0

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to use a data set for an impedance boundary. It gives me an error "$DataSetName is not a defined dataset name in this context". I have used the same data set to make a frequency dependent material just to check that the data set is fine and I received no error.

I have tried looking up tutorials/guides that show how to do this but had no luck. I also found only one post that said they had the same problem as me and they said they resolved it but did not say how. I am also waiting for their response.

I solved it but will leave this here for others. You must make a "design dataset" and not a "project dataset". To make a design dataset right click the design in the "project manager" window (left hand side where solution setup, results, etc. is) and select design datasets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back