Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for general library for SMD parts in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaeee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am beginner in PCB design and try to learning. I like to learn how to build a PCB with SMD parts. but when I search in miscellaneous devices and devices libraries (two Altium's default library) I can not find SMD parts, ot it's better to say, I don't know which one is SMD?
May you explain how can I find SMD resistors, inductors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc?

If I remember correctly, it is at the compiled libraries which you have to add to the project. Anyway, although it is recommended that you learn how to make your own footprints from the datasheet via editor, or wizard tool, here is a tip I have recently used in my latest projects. By the banner link (Digi-Key) at the left side of this page, you can do a parametric search for devices filtering by package kind (PTH x SMD), and mark the "EDA / CAD Models" checkbox, and download the part model from the Ultralibrarian site; this has saved me a lot of time, in addition to ensuring a more reliable design.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know which one is SMD?

In shorts, SMD devices have no hole at their pads.

Hi
I am beginner in PCB design and try to learning. I like to learn how to build a PCB with SMD parts. but when I search in miscellaneous devices and devices libraries (two Altium's default library) I can not find SMD parts, ot it's better to say, I don't know which one is SMD?
May you explain how can I find SMD resistors, inductors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc?

https://www.pcblibraries.com/

Download PCB Libraries Lite for free and export your components being as Altium Integrated Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back