Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrodynamic Textbook suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthackst

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on problems involving moving magnetized or polarized material and would like a text book more specialized for Electrodynamics than all my antennas texts. One ideal example I found was from the MIT open courses "Continuum Electromechanics" by Melcher. But I was hoping to find something possibly a bit more modern. I don't have much intuition for this field and would appreciate any suggestions.

We were told to read Jackson "classical Electrodynamics"- believe me, it was tough. In retrospect, I think it certainly could have been made easier. But now it is a classic. Worth taking a look, though.

Thanks, I do have a copy of Jackson. I agree, it's not very accessible. I suppose the material I'm looking for is a little closer to Electromechanics or maybe even Magnetohydrodynamics, as opposed to a classical electromagnetism text.

Sorry. I have not studied magnetohydrodynamics. Perhaps others will come up with modern suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back