Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

congestion after postRoute

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangcy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

After postRoute i am having a couple of spots that have lot of short due to congestion of cells placed in a small area. There are plenty of space around so i am putting in a density screen of 10%.
I use setOptMode of -moveInst to True.
I re-run optDesign -postRoute again
The tool doesn't move or spread the cells in the area that i place the density screen so the congestion is still there.

Any idea how to spread these cell out without going back to placement, cts opt .....

Thanks

i tried refinePlace -eco
and i still did not get the tool spread the cells out in the density screen region

i tried refinePlace -eco
and i still did not get the tool spread the cells out in the density screen region

try manual eco flow if the number of violations is small

unfortunately the number of shorts are quite high

look for a pattern. there usually is one and it can be scripted. either one family of cells (eg, look for small cells with 4 inputs) is causing the problem or the proximity to some power grid/stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back