Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle has been bought out by Autoedesk...can we still buy the "codsoft" versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Eagle has been bought out by Autoedesk...can we still buy the "codsoft" versions?

Hello,
I see that Eagle Pro has been taken over by Autodesk. (it used to be owned by Cadsoft.de) Now, instead of a one-off payment of £900, you have to pay $500 per year!..ouch!

https://www.autodesk.com/compare/eagle-vs-eagle-premium
(I am speaking of the unlimited board size verson)
Is it still possible to purchase the “older” version of Eagle Pro, by making a one-off payment of £900?

Re: Eagle has been bought out by Autoedesk...can we still buy the "codsoft" versions?

They're crazy... Who will pay Eagle 500 bucks for one year ? I purchase OrCAD Standard that is hundred times more powerful than that crap ..

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Eagle has been bought out by Autoedesk...can we still buy the "codsoft" versions?

Eagle is superb, it allows the layman to do his own pcb layout...hence the high-end pcb package vendors hate eagle...and the pcb layout consultants also hate eagle, because eagle empowers their customers to do their own layout. eagle is as simple as a pcb.
Eagle is as simple as a PCB...and why not?
I suspect that someone associated with the high end packages has bought out eagle in order to ultimately bury it...because its a competitor.

- - - Updated - - -

Their used to be a brilliant coffee shop in waterloo station in london.........but the big coffee chain (you know the one) bought it out and closed it down and turned it into one of their own places......and the coffee there now isnt even worth flushing down the latrine...but at least they dont have to compete with the brill coffee shop that existed before they bought it and buried it.

Please stop these blatant put downs of high end packages, it is polluting threads and detracting from the topic...!!!!
Read the sticky notes regarding this software is better than that software, these posts are not respecting that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back