Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Magnetic Vector Potential in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrsimmo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to calculate the partial self-inductance of specific features in a conductive assembly. To accurately calculate the partial self-inductance, you must use the magnetic vector potential method; however, it is difficult to calculate using the fields calculator. The magnetic vector potential equation is:

\[\vec{A}\] = \[\frac{ \mu}{ 4*\pi}\] \[\int\] \[\frac{\vec{J}({r}^{'}) \mathrm{d}{V}^{'}}{\sqrt{(x - {x}^{'})^{2} + (y - {y}^{'})^{2} + (z - {z}^{'})^{2}}\]

The prime variables point to the source current while the non-prime variables point to the observation point. The problem is that I need to integrate over the prime variables so that the magnetic vector potential is a function of the observation point (i.e. I need a value for magnetic vector potential for every grid point). Has anyone solved this problem using HFSS or something similar?

Sorry, the equation didn't show up in the final post. Here it is.

PartInduct.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back