Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDR2 signal measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a board designed with DDR2. I want to check certain timing parameters in the existing design.Clock Frequency is 150MHz.

I have a oscilloscope Lecroy 620zi 2GHz, 2 Active probes HFP2500 2.5GHz, and one differential probe AP034 , 1GHz.

I want to measure the timing specification of DDR2 device MT47H64M16HW like input setup time and hold time shown below,

DDR.JPG

if i make all single ended measurements as shown in figure 32 it will take 3 active probes which i don't have ( CK,CK#,say 1 Address signal)
So I want to measure the clock CK and CK# with a differential probe. So i will get a single waveform, not two as shown in figure like CK and CK#.
But the concern is in order to measure the setup time and hold time the figure 32 make use of the crossing point of CK and CK# signals , which i wont be getting. So anybody can suggest me if it is possible or what is the correct way?

Thanks,

Hi,

make use of the crossing point of CK and CK# signals , which i wont be getting.
For sure you get it.
The crossing point is when both voltages are equal. U1 = U2.
The differential probe shows "U2 - U1" ..... and if both voltages are equal it shows exactely 0V.

--> The crossing point is exactely at zero voltage of the differential probe.

Klaus

Yes. Every point in both single ended signals can get on differential signal also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back