Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS 18 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrElec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have Ansys Electronics Package 18 x64, i want to install only HFSS. Is this possible and how can i achieve this?

I think no. Ansys EM Design Suite is complete package because Ansys Electronic Design Desktop must be installed to run HFSS and the others.

Thank for your response. In fact, i've installed Ansys EM Design Suite 17.0 and my computer began to be very slow (8 Go of RAM, Asus Nvidia with 512 Mb and Intel Quad Core ). This is why i'm asking for a solution to optimize the memory and process of my PC when using this suite. I've been using previously HFSS 15 x64 and now i want to migrate to recent versions. Any Idea please?

Thank for your response. In fact, i've installed Ansys EM Design Suite 17.0 and my computer began to be very slow (8 Go of RAM, Asus Nvidia with 512 Mb and Intel Quad Core ). This is why i'm asking for a solution to optimize the memory and process of my PC when using this suite. I've been using previously HFSS 15 x64 and now i want to migrate to recent versions. Any Idea please?

HFSS is essentially memory eager and processor killer software.I'm rarely using it for some structures and I have the same problem.There is unfortunately no solution except to upgrade the computer.
a desktop with 2 XEON E series processor and huge RAM may be a solution of course with a huge bucks..

Yes, i agree with you that HFSS is a memory eager but with Ansoft it was not slower as now, i had the opportunity to install each software alone. I think Ansys did not succeded in making all applications in one package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back