Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve a nice superregen receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaconsole

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!
I've successfully built a super-regen receiver from this schematic (sorry for the Italian notes), and it works like a charm.
schematic.png
I'm just not particularly happy with the audio output level.
How you can see, the audio section of the schematic, on the right, is not perfect: it has no decoupling capacitor and all the current passes through the earphones. For this reason, I have to use the classic 32 ohm earphones and not, for example, the sensitive piezoelectric earphone I have.
For this reason, I would like to tinker a bit with this circuit. However, in order to avoid doing too many unnecessary (and maybe pointless) experiments, I would appreciate some advice.
Currently, I have a few ideas:
- substitute the earphone plug with a resistance (which value?) and connect the piezoelectric earphone between collector and ground;
- add a second BC238 through a decoupling capacitor to improve the amplification.

Any other proposal?

Problem solved: a second transistor and now it's perfect! (at least for a receiver with a single transistor in the VHF circuit...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back