Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Upgrading from Altium 9 do Altium 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamexhdx80

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have Schematic and PCB project which was made in Altium 9 Design Summer. I have been considering upgrading to Altium 16. However, since I am not very experienced with Altium I have several concerns:

1. How can I import (or convert) my Altium 9 project to Altium 16?
I've read Altium docs, but in the import wizard section I could not find the Altium 9 (old versions) import option. Maybe it is because needs no conversion at all. I have already opened my Altium 9 project directly on Altium 16 it shows no error.

2. Will the design rules and the integrated libraries be appropriately imported?
I think so, but I am not sure.

3. Is there anything I should consider before upgrading my project from Altium 9 to Altium 16?

I thought of reading the releases notes and change log from Altium 9 to Altium 16. But I think it would take an year or so.

Any answer would be appreciated (even links to the documentation).

Thanks,
JamesHDX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back