Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Always-on power domain voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lets assume - I have 2 voltage domain - out of which 1 is always-on. My chip has 1.2V & 3.3V

Now my question is - Why always-on power domain's logic will sit on 3.3V? why not 1.2 V

Please share your experience, if you want to add please do so..

Thank you.

Your always on domain can be anything you want. not sure where you got your 3.3V constraint from.

I believe you are mixing the concepts of IO voltages and power domains.

Thanks for reply.. ~Sam :)

Your always on domain can be anything you want. .
Some chips what I saw have alway-on domain placed with higher voltage. (if it has 3v & 5v, then AoN domain is on 5v)
that is why this query came up..

not sure where you got your 3.3V constraint from.
- What made you to write this comment.. whats wrong in 3.3v. I am 100% sure that there is some significance in your thoughts - please share..

I believe you are mixing the concepts of IO voltages and power domains.
- again would like to ask same quest (- What made you to write this comment.. )
what made you to think of IO voltage..?

if you give insights, some of my myth and gaps will be filled... Thanks..

Thanks for reply.. ~Sam :)

Some chips what I saw have alway-on domain placed with higher voltage. (if it has 3v & 5v, then AoN domain is on 5v)
that is why this query came up..

- What made you to write this comment.. whats wrong in 3.3v. I am 100% sure that there is some significance in your thoughts - please share..

- again would like to ask same quest (- What made you to write this comment.. )
what made you to think of IO voltage..?

if you give insights, some of my myth and gaps will be filled... Thanks..

3.3V is a typical IO voltage. I am now 100% sure you don't know the difference between IO power supply and core power supply and how power domains work.

Well first of all thanks for reply!

I looked at your post 3 times consecutively since I opened your post today, kept “smiling in mustache”!!

About post: I think I have asked/written incorrectly, but more info I can’t put here...anyway thanks again for reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back