Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALTIUM schemic library parmeters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOOD_OL_BAD_GUY

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The default parameters for the parts in the ALTIUM libraries are totally useless for generating a Bill of Material that can be of use for distribution to a purchasing agent. My company's purchasing department needs 4 items to create an order, i.e., quantity, manufacturer, part number and approximate price. These parameters can be set for all of the parts in each new schematic but I have not been able to assign them as defaults in ALL libraries.

If you have found a method to make parameter defaults in any or all ALTIUM libraries your help will be appreciated.

I create my own library and add the parameters of interest. With Altium I don't know how to directly import parts from compiled libraries, so I first place any part from an existing library, then copy and paste this part from SCH and paste anywhere in library component field, and edit it accordingly; and of course, place it and delete the original part from schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back