Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current cancellation technique improves linearity

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplsoft

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current cancellation technique in OTA

Hello
can anyone help me understanding the attached OTA.
In the attached figure of OTA (taken from research article). Its mentioned that transistor MN' and MN are used for current cancellation. Can anyone explain how. The current flowing from MN' transistor is going to the transistor MBN and MBN'. How the current is being cancelled.

Please can anyone explain?

Thanx Untitled.png

Re: current cancellation technique in OTA

The small signal current carried by M1 is cancelled by MN' and vice-versa for M2.

Re: current cancellation technique in OTA

Thanx for your reply. Yes but how? because according to my knowledge the current from M1 and current fron MN' is going to add at VCM- node and viceversa for the other side. How is the current being cancelled.

thanx

Hello

I want to ask about how current cancellation technique improves linearity. The circuit diagram is shown below.

Untitled.png

I cant understand how current cancellation is improving the linearity can anyone help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back