Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making wireless pulse transmitter thing, Need suggesions

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilpatel

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was studying about how to make a simple FM transmitter circuit and it was really simple. Could we combine the circuit with what is in below or perhaps better than that ?
https://youtu.be/aDcyK5dUpYM
I'm not sure what to call the device which the guy has made in video.
I was wondering if i can transmit those sounds generated in the device through FM channel in a short range.
Any suggestions are appreciable :)

You might have noticed problems with that extremely simple FM transmitter:
1) Its radio frequency changes as the battery voltage runs down. It needs a voltage regulator.
20 Its radio frequency changes if something moves towards or away from the antenna. It needs an RF amplifier to isolate the tuned oscillator from the antenna.
3) The sounds heard on a normal FM radio are muffled with levels reduced for high audio frequencies. It needs pre-emphasis like all FM radio stations have.

You might have noticed that the "Engrish" on that website is awful and frequently wrong.

I was studying about how to make a simple FM transmitter circuit and it was really simple. ...

These circuits are there to illustrate the basic principles of operations. They are not for actual use. For a real radio that you can actually use for your own home use, see http://www.freeradio.org/ - but there are several other sites too. It is based on the same concepts but are made well and perform better.

I'm not sure what to call the device which the guy has made in video.

Another non-serious work that will not be able to make music. You can write music in MIDI (like sheet music; you need to know the fundamentals of music and computer skills) and play it via the PC. You can create music. You can get some idea from http://www.notation.com/DownloadNotationPlayer.php

I was wondering if i can transmit those sounds generated in the device through FM channel in a short range.

The short answer is YES, but the long answer is that you need several steps.

Well i did tried that circuit with my phone's earphone jack. And i was amazed that i was able to receive songs i play from my phone in my car Radio

However it sound quality was very poor :thinker: though it was fun !

The output level from your phone is probably 100 times higher than from an electret microphone causing severe distortion so you need two resistors to make a voltage divider.
FM radio stations use pre-emphasis to boost high audio frequencies and all FM receivers use matching de-emphasis to reduce the boosted high frequencies down to normal and also reduce high frequency noise picked up by the radio signal. The simple transmitter circuit is missing pre-emphasis (but it is simple to do it) so the receiver 's de-emphasis cuts the high audio frequencies making muffled sounds.

...FM radio stations use pre-emphasis to boost high audio frequencies and all FM receivers use matching de-emphasis to reduce the boosted high frequencies down to normal ....

I am just curious: is the same pre-emphasis and de-emphasis network, as used for the old vinyl records, used for the FM transmission? If yes, does it mean that we do have two different standards (US and European) for the emphasis network?

By the way, how does this network affect the high frequency noise picked up by the radio signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.