Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write a small program by assembly language ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofnof

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody ,
i wanna know how to write a small program , to send it to the UART register , using the compiler
if any one give me a small example i will be very thankful

How do you expect anyone to help if you do not specify the microprocessor you are using?. Also what baud rate do you need?? Does it need to be interrupt driven?

Please be specific when asking a question so people can help

nofnof

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi ;

Each MCU has it's own assembly language instructions , so when you ask for a assembly language , you should also say what MCU you want to use , baud rate for USART , crystal frequency and other needed details for that application too.

reagrds,
hm_fa_da

nofnof

Hello,
It seems like you're a beginner. Try Google with the keywords "your processor+tutorial".

nofnof

hi
sorry for not being specific , im a beginner , i work in a graduation project in microcontroller , i will use AT90s8515 microcontroller , I have been asked to repair a report on UART registers , and to write a program using a compiler , i mean a program in assembly langauge , i dont know whats the baud rate ,
PLEASE help me because im facing too many problems in this project
THANKS everybody

First of all, you should try to understand what a MCU is and how it works. Each MCU has a specific set of registers ans assemler statements to manipulate these registers.

As chips also have some kind of "evolution", the chance is fine that these basic things like adressing and manipulation of UART registers is pretty similar within one processor family, even if it is some older or newer modell within the "evolution tree".

Try to find some basic tools for your specific MCU (means: Assembler/Compiler, Linker etc), which mostly will be bundeled to an IDE (integrated Development environment)

The start to develop some "easy" assembler programms which might have some "minimum" function, like:

running in a loop
read some specific port bit
invert the bit and write this inverted bit to some specific output port bit

That enables you simply to test the function of your programm by VU-meter, or by adding an LED .

After you are a little bit more familiar in compiling - uploading (to MCU) - testing (the software) you might think about the planned functionality: modifying some specific routines so some specific behaviour.

--

by the way: "small program" in assembler language does not necessary mean: "simple program" ! Compare it with genomic manipulation: some changes or additions in the genom sequence of an animal, ant suddenly there is a second nose or some serious sickness - the same might also happen to some assembler code. Assembler Language is pretty "mighty" in its abilities, therefore you have to know what you are doing.

You can join and log-in at the forums of AVR freaks, they are the AVR site in the net.

nerd77 are right.

Every manufacturer has prepared a bible for thier micro. Grab it and read! There is no shortcut here. You have to help yourself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.