Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corporate Application Engineer vs FPGA Development Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreevenkjan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

well I need to decide between 2 job opportunities. One is that of a Senior CAE Engineer and the other is a FPGA Firmware development engineer. I am aware of the roles and responsibilities of both the positions. Well I am not able to decide which job would enhance my career.

I have been on the development side for 2-3 years and have developed few products with FPGAs in it and to be honest I do like being a developer because of the responsibilities associated with the position and I can also work as a freelancer in future. However this senior CAE position does not involve much development but the pay is very good. Is it possible for me to shift to development position after working as CAE??

What are my growth chances in future when I choose CAE or development engineer because in future an engineer will do less of development work and more of management work so is CAE a good option for me to take up or not??

Many thanks in advance for useful suggestions and wisdom.

regards,
Sreeni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back