Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Transformer design in PSIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterkj93@gmail.com

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...I am trying to design a wireless charging circuit as a part of my research. Actually I designed a wireless transformer satisfying the resonance condition using PSIM software. The efficiency was found to be more than 95%. But when i tried to connect a rectifier circuit with filter capacitor, then the efficiency is droping and spikes are appearing at the secondary. When i removed just the capacitor, its working again. What might be the reason? I have never heared about this phinomina before. How can I solve it?

Hi,

usually a filter capacitor is used to suppress spikes.
How comes that in your case it "produces" spikes?

I assume there is something wrong with your - not shown - circuit.

Klaus

**broken link removed**

The capacitor interacts with the resonant condition somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

usually a filter capacitor is used to suppress spikes.
How comes that in your case it "produces" spikes?

I assume there is something wrong with your - not shown - circuit.

Klaus

Capture.JPG

This is the circuit diagram.

Last edited:

Hi,

For an ideal load capacitor there should be no spikes.
But there will be ripple.

For a real capacitor there may be spikes ... it mainly depends on the capacitor´s ESR and ESL. --> use a suitable capacitor.

And for a real circuit it additionally depends on PCB layout / wiring. This additionally adds R and XL, causing voltage spikes --> use a suitable PCB layout / wiring.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.