Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA asic design tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently, some systems used originally for asic design prototype and verification, became available for sale over the net. They are based on several virtex 5 chips, interconnected. Systems are called "synopsis chipit, platinum edition". The price is rather interesting and I wonder if they can be used at anything else than their original purpose. I understand they were valuable 10 years ago when they were built, but by today standards, they are obsolete for asic design.
Thank you.

Assuming you have access to the FPGA's I/O and JTAG on-board connectors - they can be used for anything...

If you can get it for <150$ - maybe...
otherwise I wouldn't bother.

There're many good mainstream evaluation boards that come with support and documentation...

Reactions: flo

flo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There are some I/O connectors but I cannot say for sure. I was not able to find any document related to that device.

Without proper I/O documentation it's practically useless. I wouldn't bother using it...

Status
Not open for further replies.