Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine and triangle waveform amplifier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

engallam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , I have circuit generate sine and tringle wave have frequency between 100:4000 Hz with Vpp 5 volt.
I need circuit amplify these signals to be 80volt with max current 250 mA.
Thanks alot ?

ADA4700-1, 100 V Precision Operational Amplifier

And output stage on transistors.

If you feel confident, you can try this discrete design. This will give about 1 % THD at 4 KHz, so it is not hi-fi quality. As always, good construction and layout is necessary with T3/4/5 mounted on a decent heat-sink.

Attachments

• discrete_hv_amp.png
    discrete_hv_amp.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: CataM

CataM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It appears that the need is just to amplify an existing sine or triangle waveform from the description.

Hi,

Voltage: you say 80V. Is it 80Vpp?

Frequency. Sine is relatively simple. But with triangle you need to go a compromise, because (according fourier series) it includes infinitely high frequency components.

Overall: I'd go for an audio amplifier. Usually 80Vpp output types can supply a lot more current, but there are many cheap, ready built circuits available.

Klaus

If you want to use some kind of an audio amplifier, it must be capable to go down to near DC. Many audio amplifiers are only required to work down to 20 Hz, thus have capacitive input coupling.

Below the problem with having a restricted LF response can clearly be seen when amplifying a 100 Hz triangle wave. The DC coupled circuit has a THD of 0.4 % at 100 Hz, while the AC coupled circuit has a THD of 4.5 %.

Attachments

• LF_droop.png
    LF_droop.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 123

Status
Not open for further replies.