Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] making wireless communication between phones without using SIM cards nor internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shokr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make wireless communication between android phones without using SIM cards and without internet.

I want it to be such that:

① it must be valid for more than 5 km.
② I need to receive the information at the second phone in a manner such that I can use this information in a Prearranged program in the second phone, i.e I need the information for controlling purposes, not for displaying purposes.

For example: to send numbers from the first phone and receive it at the second one, then doing operations at this numbers, such as adding and subtracting automatically by prearranged program.

Is anyone know any way to do this, even if by using an external module with the phone.

given that you have ruled out the only 2 forms of communication that are likely to reach the distance you want, IMO using a phone is not going to work.
Now if you use radios (a Baofeng UV5R is only sub £20) then you have a far greater range.

given that you have ruled out the only 2 forms of communication that are likely to reach the distance you want, IMO using a phone is not going to work.
Now if you use radios (a Baofeng UV5R is only sub £20) then you have a far greater range.

Well,

but it is clear that, this will not work, because I chose the phones firstly because I can control and modify the received information and can use it in a special purpose program.

Provided you have radio modules capable of 5 km range, you can connect it to the phone by one of the available interface, e.g. Bluetooth or USB. Some application programming required.

You do not seem to understand what a phone actually is, it is a radio transceiver with a computer attached to it.

You want to have this but not use the 2 methods of transmission that would work on the phones, so your choice of phones is in error.

Unless you forget the transmission by the phone and hook them upto transceivers that will do what you want, you can still use a phone but as the processing part of your project, hook them upto a pair of trascievers using simple interfaces and then do all the decoding in the phone using a custom app.

Go browse around the amateur radio websites as they will have done this already, the data languages are already written as are the encoders\decoders so all you have to do is hook them up as modules in your custom program.

So to me it is clear that it WILL work.

Go google :)

You do not seem to understand what a phone actually is, it is a radio transceiver with a computer attached to it.

)

I understand well what a phone is, or you might say: very well.

You want to have this but not use the 2 methods of transmission that would work on the phones, so your choice of phones is in error.

)

This is out of my choice, the project will work in a place where the phone signal might not be available all the time.

Unless you forget the transmission by the phone and hook them upto transceivers that will do what you want, you can still use a phone but as the processing part of your project, hook them upto a pair of trascievers using simple interfaces and then do all the decoding in the phone using a custom app.

Go browse around the amateur radio websites as they will have done this already, the data languages are already written as are the encoders\decoders so all you have to do is hook them up as modules in your custom program.

So to me it is clear that it WILL work.

Go google :)

Well, but I know how to to interface phones with microcontrollers and I was able to do what I want by meaning of many ways .......but all of them have two bad things: cost and complication, noting that I need to make communication between more than 100 place.

So, I hoped to find another way to do this by phones only or with simple module with phones, but no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back