Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create Anlog video delay line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bopstar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been very interested in creating analog video equipment much like those found in the 70s-80s and am currently a student at TAFE whom do not cover this old topic of analog video processing/generation and manipulation. the delay line will be used to sync up the many video signals that will go into my home made video mixer. if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
if anyone knows where i can find out about analog video processing/generation and manipulation please feel free to link to the material.

Kind regards,

Justin Harris

Analog delay lines are usually used to make very tiny adjustments to timing, generally no more than a few microseconds. They are used to align parts of a single video signal when it's component parts have taken different routes through processing circuits. I've never heard of them being used to align different video signals.

I assume you are referring to synchronizing different video sources, for that you either have to lock the sources to a single timing reference (Genlocking) or individually digitize the sources then replay them simultaneously using a frame store.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.