Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus simulation of power inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliahsan951

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made a power inverter circuit in proteus,using cd4047 which is giving square wave but problem is that it is giving distorted wave after mosfet,,, images attached... Capture5.PNG6.PNG,,,,

suggestions?

You are showing just part of the circuit being simulated, and to make it worse, the part of the oscilloscope relevant to the displayed channel is cut off, so it is not known, it is configured for example for AC or DC. Anyway, as a blind guess, I would recommend adding a load to the output.

abc1.PNG
abc12.PNG

after mosfet...... the output becomes distorted

Did you really left the mosfet drain floating, unconnected to anything ?

well i don't know how to setup, step up center taped transformer,so i leave it, but when i connect oscilloscope at drain of mosfets,,,it gives distorted wave instead of square wave....

You should have a look at the topologies often used in power inverters, but to be honest you should rather review the fundamentals of MOSFET transistors. If its terminal is open, there will be nothing there to see than a little signal due to leakage on transistor parasitics.

at drain i had to connect a transformer...and i don't know to setup it in proteus. but why the voltage is too less.

i added the transformer..... but problem is mosfet is doubling the 12v.....why is it so....Capture1.PNG123.PNG...

i had added pics . you can check them...

Without providing relevant information, such as the turn ratio or inductance of the primary and secondary wirings, or mentioning what do you expect, seems like you are just doing indiscriminate experiments following no logical reasoning. If you have not done any calculation before, I suggest you take a look at the fundamentals of transformer's electromagnetism here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer#Ideal_transformer

Hi,

i added the transformer..... but problem is mosfet is doubling the 12v.....why is it so
Not the mosfet is doubling.
It is a transformer. Both input winding count should be equal. And they are coupled.
Therefore when you apply 12V to one coil.... there will be 12V across the other coil, too.
12V + 12V = 24V

Klaus

i need a 12-0-12 step up transformer,,,, 500 watt....

12w.PNG

now what should i write here.

now what should i write here.

You should write here prefereably using proper punctuation, as for example interrogation after the question. As for the question itself, you should read what was replied above, particularly the link which exaplains exactly what you want. Anyway, assuming that you will not do that, I picked from there the equation that do the math:

9de7f0a73010b63861cec8ed60356c3c9cfb8738

As you can see, you did not provide all the necessary information; Just saying "Step-up" transformer is a bit meaningless unless mentioning for which voltage.

as transformer is center taped so Vp is 24V and Vs is 230V, mosfets are capable of generating about 220 watt so Is will be 0.9 amps, so Ip would easily be know but how can i get Lp and Ls,,,,, and how can i get these values to work with proteus.

and i have checked this website for transformers.....

https://www.gadgetronicx.com/guide-transformers-design/

well i have a sine wave from arduino uno, i require a driver circuit for mosfet which enhance the 5V output of arduino to 12V to feed mosfet,

* i am making circiuit for 240V , 350 watts output,
* which mosfet i should use ? irf3205???
*can i use more mosfets parallel to overcome heat issue of mosfets,
* what transformer should i use,,,,,, i am using 7ah 12V battery, required output 230V, 350watt, guide me rating of transformer?

i have made a power inverter circuit using arduino uno. Arduino is generating 5V 50hz square wave which is further converted into 12V using L293d to feed mosfet. well i am confused what transformer and mosfet be used here as i am aimed to built a inverter of 230V 350watt.what should be rating of step up transformer. i have 12V battery.also tell me if there is something missing in circuit like resistor somewhere etc.

save1.PNG
save1.PNG

someone told me i should use l298 with diodes instead of l293d as it does not produce more than 1amp..... i had made changes with circuit by replacing them..... where should i add diodes and resistors and capacitors to prevent any issue.

123444124124.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back