Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion on methodology/ways to test internal logic analyzer softcore modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Using https://zipcpu.com/blog/2017/06/08/simple-scope.html , I have rewritten my internal logic analyzer at https://github.com/promach/internal_logic_analyzer

Could anyone suggest methodology/ways to test my softcore modules ?

Screenshot from 2017-08-14 11-58-48.png

Could anyone suggest methodology/ways to test my softcore modules ?

You may know that Xilinx provides ILA core for free to be used as internal scopes. Is it not possible to use your own scope (in a place where an ILA core has already been used and the results have been recorded) and compare its behavior with ILA?

Should I use traditional memory testing algorithms such as March algorithm or Walking 1/0 ?

I can't answer that I don't know. My answer was at a very superficial level.
You have a known-system and you know its behavior(ILA core). You design a system similar to the known-system. So plug out the working system, put in your own-system and observe its behavior. I didn't look into into you RTL nor do I know in-depth how Xilinx ILA core works.
So I might be wrong in my suggestion.

I am stuck at testing my internal scope.

**broken link removed**

raddr does not start increment at the right time...

already checked my read_enable logic, seems correct

Screenshot from 2017-08-24 16-00-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back