Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

We had a contract to make a gantry scanner table for 4k$ 1mx1m. and this was the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.A.(Tony)Stewart

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We had a contract to make a gantry scanner table for 4k$ 1mx1m. and this was result

IMG_5496.jpghttps://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0CGWZuqDGoOuWp;975D7E0E-199E-4B14-9890-74AE7C34B905

Re: We had a contract to make a gantry scanner table for 4k$ 1mx1m. and this was resu

What the contract said? Did you provide a detailed specification?

(Perhaps the contract went to a lawyer!)- no offence meant.

Re: We had a contract to make a gantry scanner table for 4k$ 1mx1m. and this was resu

We spoke with client, wrote up specs, provide 3D CAD model of conceptual design , then got PO.

1mm accuracy over 1000 mm square table for magnetometer scanning. With 1/4 step I get 0.25mm resolution and about 600mm/s speed and 1/16 step is of course smoother and lower.

I can print out a laser ruler on client's plywood base and adjustable Z axis legs will be included.
0142fe70111f5507d65f04c39e6f40091ffdc38b84.jpg
For fun I printed a 350pix JPG image onto a wood box, which with only 1W laser toy takes a couple hrs.

Last edited:

gantry scanner table on UNO from PC control

Update with https://www.youtube.com/attribution...=/watch?v=-jNNagHl26o&feature=em-upload_owner.
Added Arduino card with CNC 4axis Shield
Upgraded software with GRBL Panel
Created XY spiral test pattern in Excel with Gcode and read by GRBL Panel
It works perfect as expected.

Final Assy is incomplete needing Arduino case, legs corner braces and cable straps ready for laser, magnetometer or plotter use.

Yes that was intentional. With interpolated smooth 0.1mm resolution in continuous motion it is almost silent , but this was a series of big jogs and the 1.2m X axis has a natural resonance that can be tightened from bearing tension and disappears by eliminating macro steps into small smooth velocity control which are only sub sonic spectrum. In laser print mode all you hear is the quiet step rate of the motor.

Back when Maxtor made the first high speed disk drive I had SN 7 and all production units had an R2D2 calibration sound to measure servo gain. By comparison it was much louder. During cal. This is SN 1 and it's 1st test, so yes now I can optimize it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=I7DCYEM3dW8

Square corner test. Rubber edges making annoying sound. Gear centred but dome nylon guides must be tilted

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back