Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variables getting optimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am finding this strange behavior of variables getting optimized in Mplabx project. It is already an existing project and added a new variable and tried to write data into it and for testing purpose i have written 1 into that variable but the variable is not updating. When I tried debugging in single step mode it seems to bypass these lines. Why it happens? Is it because that the old obj files not deleted? Any methods available to overcome these kind of problems? Also the same project seems to behave differently in different computers. Is it possible?

What level of optimaization have you used ? Lower the level of optimization and try.

what type of variable ? is it volatile variable ?
post the code where you have doubt .

I have not touched the Mplabx settings. It shows the optimization level 0. It is a normal variable character type. It is not volatile variable.

clean the project and try again or start with new project and copy paste to the new file .

Status
Not open for further replies.