Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: CA3140AE Op amplifier ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

omerysmi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've tried to use CA3140AE IC as a buffer, i putted 5v in the (+) pin but the problem is that my output is 3V and not 5V.
This is the scheme:

BUF.png

Why i don't get 5v in the output in your opinion?

CA3140AE datasheet:
https://www.intersil.com/content/dam/Intersil/documents/ca31/ca3140-a.pdf

Re: CA3140AE Op amplifier ic

Look for datasheet parameters (At V+ = 5V, V- = 0V)
- Common Mode Input Voltage Range
- Maximum Output Voltage

According to specifications, the buffer can be expected to work between 0.13 and 2.6V

The device isn't specified as rail-to-rail OP. Even a rail-to-rail OP buffer won't reach the supply rail voltage exactly.

Look for datasheet parameters (At V+ = 5V, V- = 0V)
- Common Mode Input Voltage Range
- Maximum Output Voltage

According to specifications, the buffer can be expected to work between 0.13 and 2.6V

The device isn't specified as rail-to-rail OP. Even a rail-to-rail OP buffer won't reach the supply rail voltage exactly.

Do you know another ic which will help me to make it? maybe lm741 or lm358?

Last edited:

None of the mentioned classical OPs provides rail-to-rail operation. You need to look for more recent types, each vendor has suitable types.

Status
Not open for further replies.