Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV clock translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip.amator

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I am looking for idea how to convert clock with unusual levels into something like 3.3V/2.5V TTL. The low level of the clock might be between 0 and 2.5V and high level is expected to be from 10V to 12V. Clock frequency is around 4 MHz, but the rise time of the edges should be at reasonable level to interface it with FPGA. I found nice chip from Linear LTC1045 but it's availability in EU is limited. I could use comparator like ADCMP371/ADCMP370 with HV input but propagation time is huge. Another idea is to use an ordinary voltage divider from 0603 resistors and fast comparator like AD8611. Do you have any other ideas how to do it?

I think using a resistive divider with a fast comparator is a good way to go.

Keep the resistor values to no more than a few kΩ to minimize delays from stray capacitance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back