Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

REMOTE MONITOR OF Microcontroller pins status on a server via gprs data.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends ,

I want to remote monitor some alarms ,i.e pins of microcontroller status ( low or high) and some adc data , via a remote location using gprs data as medium....

1. I.e hardware will be connected to sim 800 module , it will send status based on request from some location .
2. The data will communicate over TCP/IP protocol . for that my hardware will act as client and say my laptop will act as server .

My network is shown as follows :

Network flow.jpg

The problem is :

when i run socket test application on my laptop , where i configure my laptop as server and start listening on port 350 .I haVe configured my router(ROUTER ADDRESS 192.168.1.1) to port forward 350 for TCP.

even after port forwarding my router , i am still not able to connect the sim800 module via AT+CIPSTART="TCP","PUBLIC IP ADDRESS","PORT"

It shows following pattern :

ATOK
AT+CIPSHUT
SHUT OK
AT+CIPMUX=0
OK
AT+CGATT=1
OK
AT+CSTT="www","",""
OK
AT+CIICR
OK
AT+CIFSR
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","139.5.241.161","350"
OK

STATE: TCP CLOSED

CONNECT FAIL

Please tell me how to connect my gsm modem to server listening to a port.
If i get to connect this command so that socket test shows connected , i can proceed further .

I want to know where i am wrong.......

Hi,

for that my hardware will act as client and say my laptop will act as server .
Are you sure? Usually it's the other way round.

Klaus

Yes I m sure , My laptop wil act as server , and hardware will act as client......

The hardware is connected to gsm/gprs module using sim 800 .....

My problem is that AT+CIPSTART command returns OK , but CONNECT OK IS not returned......

I have opened port 350 on socket test.....My laptop is listening on port 350 using socket test application . But The :
AT +CIPSTART COMMAND doesnt return CONNECT OK....

What should be done in such case.....I think either there is something wrong with port forwarding(But i have already configured my router to port forward 350 ).
In the image of router detect , i see 2 routers in between my pc and internet cloud , One is the router that i have in my house on which i have done port forwarding , But i dont have access to other router ......

Could this be a issue ?

PLease suggest how to proceed where i could be wrong?

Hi,

could you draw a sketch of the complete signal flow, with all the devices involved?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.