Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How robotic camera like SoloShot work?What technology they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep_k_b

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I happened to read about 'personal robot cameraman' devices.There are a number of devices available in the market SoloShot,Pixio etc You can watch a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7AZWaHm4o .Basically its a robotic camera that can follow you and you have to wear a tag then only the camera can track you.Do you know about what technology they are using? They using GPS? .But some of them works indoor too,so if they use GPS how they can work indoor?

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks ,
Pradeep

Obviously the linked discussion is just guessing, not referring to any information given by the vendors. Only tell what they think how the systems could work...

There's a piece of credible seeming info on the Pixio web site, particularly in the FAQ and a Soloshot comparison tab.
https://shop.movensee.com/en/bundles/18-pixio-robot-cameraman.html#extra-2

According to this, Pixio is using multiple RF beacons, Soloshot apparently RF bearing. Soloshot indoor operation needs an additional device which is not yet available. Neither of these two systems seems to use GPS (or hide it perfectly in all publications).

Thank you very much,If they say there need an additional device for indoor operation then that means they are using a default system that can work in outdoor only,right? :) So most probably its GPS.:)

Also do you think and RF beacon method can work perfectly in a system like this?

- - - Updated - - -

I already read the "stackexchange" discussion before and from where I got the GPS idea :) .Thank you for sharing the links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back