Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sampling DAC output with an ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauch10

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'd like to sample my DAC output with an ADC in the oscilloscope. When I do this, I will get some data in Excel with two columns - one being time, and the other being the corresponding quantized output voltage.

My simple question is this - for a particular (time, Vout) pair, how can I tell exactly which code was used as input to the DAC? I suspect there has to be some sort of synchronization scheme? What's the best/easiest way to do this?

Thank you.

Dan

The simple answer is you can't. You would need to look at the input signals to the DAC. It could be further complicated by pipeline delays, etc.

Hi,

The DAC surely needs an input.
Who/what controls this input?
Best is if you have access to the DAC inputs and you can send a test pattern to the DAC.

Klaus

Not sure what you're trying to do, but you could just put a static value on the input to the dac and then monitor the adc.

Hi,

The DAC surely needs an input.
Who/what controls this input?
Best is if you have access to the DAC inputs and you can send a test pattern to the DAC.

Klaus

I have access to the DAC input. I'm trying to obtain the transfer curve of the DAC. I then want to invert this transfer curve to populate a pre-distortion LUT. It's easy to do a dc measurement of the transfer curve, but the transfer curve changes when I go to higher frequencies. I want to be able to obtain this transfer curve using a signal around the frequency of interest.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back