Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Cadence Virtuoso Hspice simulator] set equal time step in transient simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

etmsni

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I set equal time step in Cadence Virtuoso's ADE transient simulation, when using Hspice as the simulator? I know that the Spectre simulator has the "strobeperiod" option, but the Hspice simulator doesn't (ref: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/125944/). I can't use Spectre, because I don't have the model libraries for Spectre for the particular pdk I'm using. Thanks!

Where can I find the ".option interp" in ADE? The first picture below is the transient analysis setting, and the 2nd picture is the option setting for transient analysis. I don't see the ".option interp"? Thank you!

v4.GIF

ADE>Simulator>Analog Option

BTW, why do you make "UIC" enable ?
Can you understand meaning of "UIC" ?

Reactions: etmsni

etmsni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'm using Virtuoso version IC6.17-64b.500.5. When i go to ADE>Simulator (1st picture), I don't see analog options.

v7.GIF
However, if I go ADE>Simulation>Analog Options, I see "Hspice Time Step Options" and "All Hspice Options" (2nd and 3rd picture).

v5.GIF

Do I click on the "Interp" in "All Hspice Options", or do I need to change something in "Hspice Time Step Options"? (I'm not sure what any of the parameters shown on Hspice Time Step Options mean.)

Thanks for pointing out the "UIC". I don't really understand the meaning of it. Is it possible to explain what it means?

Thank you again Pancho_hideboo for your help!!! I'm really grateful for it. :)

etmsni

1. In the "Hspice Time Step Options" and "All Hspice Options", I don't see the "tstep" (picture 1 & 2) and "delmax" (picture 2 and 3) options.

v8.GIF d9.GIF

I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious, but could you please point out what I'm not doing right?

2. I looked at the manual
(https://cseweb.ucsd.edu/classes/wi10/cse241a/assign/hspice_sa.pdf) and a previous post you wrote (https://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?action=print;num=1237627988). My understanding is that "tstep" is the time step, and "delmax" is the maximum time step. I'm confused about why there can be a maximum time step? (Sorry if I'm asking another obvious question here. I've been trying to learn how to use eda tools and circuit design on my own, and may be missing fundamental understanding.) I thought that time step is a fixed number.

3. (side question) Is there any advice to build up common sense to using Virtuoso?

Thank you!!!

etmsni

Thank you so much Pancho_hideboo!!! You are a lifesaver!!! I am so grateful for your help. If there was a "King of IC Design" title, I think it should go to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back