Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC8803 reference voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

liya1993

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there:)

I am currently looking into DAC8803 from TI and I am confused about the reference voltage. DAC8803 is a current output DAC, and I want it to produce both positive and negative current output for my application. In the datasheet it says "the polarity of IOUT is the inverse of the input reference voltage Vref". So to my understanding, if I want to have positive current output my Vref should be negative and vice versa.

I also looked through several materials online and I found out that instead of directly connecting the current output to the load, current output is converted into voltage output. Can someone clarify about this? Can I just directly connect the current output to the load?

I am still learning about current DAC and really appreciate the help!

:grin::grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.