Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAS830 Digital Multi-meter frequency measurement help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunvnet

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MAS830 Digital Multi-meter

Kindly get back to me with your view on this topic . whether I can measure frequency( Hz ) in this model if so which mode i have to setup in this multi meter or this model cannot measure this frequency ( HZ)

Do you have an user's manual that you can post?

Or at least, a good photo of the meter's front panel?

Otherwise, our guess will only be that: a guess.

MAS830.jpg

Thanks for your reply i have uploaded multi-meter image as an Insert image.kindly get back to me with your view on this. if you still not able to view this image please let me know

Is there any alternate way to measure frequency in this multimeter

Hi,

No there isn't. You would need a different DMM which has a frequency counter setting, or a frequency meter/counter. That multimeter only measures quantity-based values, not time-based values.

You could build a tachometer circuit and measure the voltage it produces. The voltage would be proportional to frequency but you would still have to do some math to convert voltage to its equivalent frequency and the highest frequency it would measure is likely only to be a few KHz.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back