Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Grid Dimensioning in SOCs Guidelines/Methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Can anyone help me understand better how to dimension the power lines in an SOC design when doing the power planning in e.g. CADENCE Innovus?
What I would like to know is if there is a methodology or a guideline that I can use to calculate for example the width of the ring wires on the SOC, the number of stripes, position and number of power pins, etc. (depending of course on the technology and the size of the SOC).

If you have any good reading to propose, like a white paper or any other Document, that would be nice :)
Any information that you can provide would be extremely helpful!

Best Regards,
Dimitrios

You need to understand lots of issues and balance them all at the same time. EM and IRdrop to start with. The power ring/mesh structures. Lower mesh vs upper mesh.

The requirements are very different from technology to technology, so make sure to read the guidelines from the foundry.

There is no one size fits all solution.

- - - Updated - - -

This link covers the very basics: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back