Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio codec IC for VoIP application in an embedded system

Status
Not open for further replies.

waferchips_vishnu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new to audio application in embedded systems. I'll brief about my application first.
Device has a microphone which picks up audio data and send it to a mobile application where user can hear the voice. The user voice can also be heard on the device side.

For implementing this we have decided to use astersik as VoIP server. Then data streaming using SIP and RTP protocols. I could successfully initiate a call and send an audio data which is saved in SD card encoded as G.711.

These are the CODECs supported by asterisk.
https://www.voip-info.org/wiki-asterisk+codecs

So, my application needs to read microphone data and send this to server. For that we have selected an audio codec TLV320AIC3106. Since it doesn't give G.711 direct output I am finding some difficulty in getting data from the audio codec which can be send to VoIP server.

below listed are my queries related to application.
  • Is it possible with TLV320AIC3106 to generate audio in any of the format which asterisk supprots?
  • what are the audio codec ICs available to use for VoIP application which has an I2S interface?

Thanks & regards,
Vishnu Pradeep

Status
Not open for further replies.