Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Developing an Automotive , DVR, OBDII Telemetry Black Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruhthakuga

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,
I am considering building a Black Box DVR for my car, I suspect that I am not the first so please if you know of discussions on developing an awesome Black Box DVR please direct me to it. The Black Box DVRs being offered are Gold Dusted empty, expensive crapware.

I want added protection from bad drivers, bad insurance companies and bad cops so I want six or more 1K or better cameras and mics and DVR with the ability to store on any size SD card and/or SSD.

I also want telemetry from many sensors like GPS, speed, throttle and brake pedal positions, steering degrees, OBDII and more.

Two problems I suspect will be power drain when the car is parked and chip cooling.

I'd like to Stink Tank this idea with interested peeps (WOW! I always wanted to use Peeps, yeah, I know Late)

I look forward to hearing from you
Sincerely
Kuga

Last edited:

Some comercial products only record with the engine is on. with this you dont have the problem for low battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.