Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port excitation for parallel striplines

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_t

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to excite two parallel striplines in CST according to the photo. I want to see return loss of the differential mode, that's why I connected a discrete port, but I got this error "The discrete edge port is inside perfect conducting material".

Do you have any suggestion? I used waveguide as well, but it doesn't report return loss of the differential mode of the striplines as you know.

Thanks

2.png

f_t the problem you are having is likely related to your mesh properties. You need to increase the mesh until there is a cell border at the border between the conductor and the dielectric. Look at the mesh view, and check if the mesh is fine enough to distinguish between the conductor and the dielectric at the edge of the discrete port.

In general, you can simulate return loss with a waveguide port. If there are more than 2 conductors in a region you can use multipin waveguide. That said, sometimes a discrete port is the right port for the job so you will need to decide that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back