Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between "PTUB" and "P-WELL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubeSquared

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between a PTUB and a P-well?

I've looked in my books and googled it, but I haven't found an answer to my question.

I haven't used nor seen the term PTUB before today, and from what I've seen so far in my search for an answer, the two terms (PTUB and P-well) appear to mean the same thing.

Can anyone point me to a source that describes the difference, or explain the difference between PTUB and P-well? (If there is a difference?)

It could just be local dialect, unless you find the two
simultaneously in one process flow.

I think "p-well" is a more well defined, clear, unambiguous, and scientific term, than "ptub".
Also, "ptub" can be easily confused with "ptap", which is a different thing (but similar pronunciation).
"ptap" is a p-type diffusion (also known as active, od, moat, diff, ...) located within p-well region, that serves as a connection from metallization to the p-well.
To me, "ptub" means the same as "p-well).

Both P-TUB and P-Well are one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back