Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of Current consumption for PFC Driver UCC27511

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjtpower

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I have chosen the UCC 27511 PFC Driver for the Driving IGBT.

Switching Frequency is 20khz

Now if i want exact power supply required for the same i need a current consumption of the IC While IGBT Driving.

So , i am not able to understand from the datasheet, how much current is required for the IC..?? and how to calculate it.

IGBT Using :STGW35HF60WD

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ucc27511.pdf

Regards
Marx

Total supply current is IC quiescent current plus IGBT gate charge multiply switching frequency.

From the data sheet fig 6 & 7 showing that maximum supply current is about 4mA, It should be the supply current maximum at VDD = 4.5V (VDD = 4.5V to 18V) . Supply current will be much lesser If supply current 18 V.

From the data sheet fig 6 & 7 showing that maximum supply current is about 4mA.
No. Fig. 7 is showing the static quiescent current, Fig. 6 is a specific load case (Cload 500 pF, fs 500 kHz). Current consumption for the questioned load case should be slightly lower. Other load conditions can involve much higher current consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back