Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet for SXD059A IC needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjdd

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My remote call bell uses an SMD IC in the receiver to generate the sound and drive a small speaker. It's an 8-pin chip with 0.05" (1.27 mm) lead spacing and has SXD059A printed on it. I searched for a datasheet but couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it's available somewhere?

I wanted the datasheet mainly to find out the maximum ratings. This is to see if it's safe to raise the supply voltage above the normal 3V and thus increase the volume. This will be easier than adding an amplifier which will need a higher supply voltage anyway.

Hi,

Is it an SO-8? Does it have any logos on it?

Yes, it's an SOIC-8. There's no manufacturer's logo, at least not on the visible upper surface. The number 1703 is also printed below the type number, probably the batch number or the pre-programmed tunes code. It must be Chinese.

Hi,

No fruit. I'd looked at SMD part code numbers for variations of the SXD059A (e.g. D059A, SXD, etc.), but unfortunately, found nothing, and a quick look now for 1703, just in case, came up with nothing 8-pin, sorry. Good luck with the search.

Thanks for your efforts. The Chinese make many useful parts for consumer gadgets but data is often difficult to find for small-scale users.

Some 10 years ago I spent a lot of time trying to find the datasheet for a 38kHz IR receiver module. The number is SM0038 and is widely used in TVs, cheap and available everywhere as a spare part. I wanted to use six of them in one of my more complex projects and wanted to have the exact specifications, particularly the burst cycles. After a long long search, all I managed to find were a few tiny bitmap images about 270x300 pixels in size. They looked like casual lo-res (probably around 50 dpi) scans of what appeared to be small, poorly printed documents that had been kept folded. Except for the numbers and symbols, they were in Chinese! Even after enlargement and enhancement, the English characters were still barely legible.

After another long search, I determined that the module was a product of the Chinese company Silan Microelectronics but there's no reference to it anywhere on their website. So I sent them an email asking for the datasheet. Their reply said that they don't have a datasheet and asked me how many I wanted to buy!!

P.S.: The module looks identical to the popular Vishay TSOP1738 and I kept getting directed to the TSOP1738 during my searches. The specs are probably closely similar but somehow my design worked better with the SM0038.

Last edited:
Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back